Careers @ Syneron Candela
Syneron Candela is a market leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of medical and aesthetic laser and light-based technologies. Syneron Candela products are sold in 90 countries worldwide and are backed by the industry’s finest field service, clinical education and marketing support organizations.
Syneron Candela offers an exciting work environment, with colleagues who are committed to excellence and innovation. Syneron Candela Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Male/Female/Handicapped/Veteran). Syneron Candela offers competitive salary and an extensive comprehensive benefits package, including Medical and Dental coverage, company sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement and 401(k) with employer match.
Make collection calls, posting of daily cash receipts, research problematic accounts and take calls from customers. Interact with sales force to respond to issues related to account status.
- Close and post daily cash batches, including payments received electronically by ACH.
- Process credit card transactions and post to customer accounts.
- Reconcile daily lockbox, credit card and ACH receipts to detailed bank reports.
- Prepare daily summary of cash and reconcile receipts to the general ledger.
- Make and receive customer service collection calls to resolve outstanding balances owed to the Company.
- Review daily accounts receivable aging reports in an effort to identify customers to contact regarding unpaid invoices, overpayments, and/or credits to apply to account invoices.
- Research unpaid balances indicating need to send to collections department and work directly with the agency to provide accurate records of internal collection efforts.
- Communicate directly with the sales force and any involved leasing companies regarding the status of payment.
- Send monthly statements of accounts to customers and related sales representatives.
- Documenting and resolving customer service issues and inquiries.
- Assist supervisor with other duties as assigned.
Experience in an Accounting department, credit function with 2-3 years related experience.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - must be able to work and communicate extraordinarily with cross-functional teams, both within the company and sales/distributor
- Must have the ability to work in an environment where priorities change rapidly, therefore, must have a proven ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Upbeat, personable, and professional personality that will be conveyed over the telephone to the customer is required
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Attention to detail is critical
- Highly accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong Excel and MS Office
Responsibilities include providing education and technical support to service providers and Candela customers. Conducting formal training on Candela products. Compiling analyzing, and distributing field data reports to service management and other internal Candela departments.
Focus of this position is to quickly attain all Level I responsibilities in order to be able to fully participate in all daily technical support functions.
Continues to maintain Rep Level I standards plus;
- Proficiency in laser technology
- Fully trained on all Candela products
- Troubleshoots most problems without assistance
- Creates troubleshooting procedures for service reps and tech support staff
- Continues working with internal Candela departments, to increase skills
- Proficiency in Customer / Technical Support
- Provides support via. phone / e-mail, by reviewing device service histories
- Recognizes when service reps need on-site assistance, and initiates same
- Understands where to find information
- Learns all departmental policies and procedures
- Proficiency with gathering technical and customer data
- Fully utilizes departmental customer software
- Retrieves information and analyzes situations
- Provides device histories
- Provides trending information from database
- Completes regularly scheduled tasks on reporting service trends
This position requires at least five (5) years experience in a technical environment. A.S degree in electronics or equivalent, combined with the above experience level.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Medical Device and Diagnostic Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field plus one month of experience in the job offered or a related position
DESCRIPTION: Research and support the development of a product strategy utilizing applicable biomedical engineering principles, market trends, and legal/business requirements. Perform an ongoing technology assessment of each product by collecting information on competitor devices. Write and deliver clear product requirements based on feedback from customers and prospects. Perform ongoing product analysis to better understand the medical device features required for improved sales success. Coordinate and support the creation and delivery of a product roadmap and technical specifications for new product launches by utilizing knowledge of biomedical engineering principles. Work closely with department managers to define the contents and delivery of a new medical product release. Provide support on technical aspects of devices to sales team. Act as interface between the field and R&D/Engineering to provide insights on issues field is having and help to support engineering changes and enhancements of products. Discuss technical aspects of devices during visits to clients.
• Understanding of clinical regulatory processes
• Ability to work with User Interface (UI)
• Knowledge of project management or product management methodologies
• Valid driver’s license
• Domestic and international travel 15% of the time required.
POSITION LOCATION: Wayland, MA
CONTACT: Please send resume to Candela Corporation at email@example.com.
is an entry level sales position responsible for prospecting, qualifying and presenting and promoting Syneron Candela products and consumables to prospective customers as lead generation for the Senior Territory Manager. This role will report directly to the Senior Territory Manager in the achievement of local, regional and North American sales targets.
- Responsible for cultivating and developing new lead generation under the Senior Territory Manager.
- Majority of field time will be allocated to calling on new customers and practices that currently do not have Syneron-Candela devices but are actively marketing and selling aesthetic services
- Opportunity Generator
- Covers one selected state
- Finds a minimum of 3 “qualified leads” each 90 days that are actively seeking to invest in new technology
- Prospect, qualify and generate new sales leads by setting qualified appointments for Senior Territory Managers.
- Responsible for daily communication with Senior Territory Manger and weekly review with STM and RSD.
- Attends clinical training sessions as required
- Responsible for attaining quota each quarter
- Has one year of field sales experience or inside sales experience with demonstrated cold calling and business development experience.
- Education: BA/BS degree of higher preferred
- Understanding of the sales cycle and importance of lead generation and qualification.
- Is proficient MS Office and Salesforce.com account, lead, contact and opportunity management (entire business will be summarized in Salesforce.com)
Reporting to the Global VP, Downstream Marketing, the Marketing Director Aesthetics will be accountable for the development and implementation of marketing strategies and programs in support of the Aesthetics portfolio of products. Role will require experience in both aesthetic product launches as well as lifecycle management.
• Work collaboratively with cross functional teams and global partners to develop strategic marketing plans
• Lead the aesthetics portfolio marketing plan process bringing key market insights to marketing partners and executing against plan
• Identify need gaps in each consumer care continuum and define product strategies to address the gaps
• Work with Upstream Marketing, Sales and Operations to define new product opportunities.
• Develop product positioning and messaging.
• Conduct competitor analyses to share with key stakeholders.
• Manage and develop relationships with luminaries and research institutes
• Work with marketing communications to develop customer and consumer-facing marketing materials.
• Be a voice of the consumer, understanding their needs and developing consumer-facing marketing materials.
• Work with sales leaders to help develop sales materials and training.
• Create and execute new product launch plans.
• Establish a performance dashboard with quarterly objectives to track and evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing plan.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
• At least 2 years of experience as a Director of Marketing
• At least 5 years of industry experience in aesthetics
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Strong presentation and public speaking abilities.
• Strong verbal, listening, written communications skills required.
• Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and self-directed.
• Ability to drive tasks and outcomes.
• Travel approximately 15-20%
The Marketing Manager will oversee marketing activities and initiatives for Syneron-Candela’s North America for either Aesthetics or Body Shaping Products. The Marketing Manager will lead and manage a group of brands that span both our physician and consumer markets. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment, be able to respond nimbly to rapid changes, and handle multiple competing demands simultaneously.
- Support development of a comprehensive, strategic brand plan for our physician and consumer markets. This will include, but is not limited to advertising, direct to physician promotions, consumer outreach programs, workshop and tradeshow plans, clinical studies and sales tools
- Develop sales tools and marketing support to drive both direct to physician lead generation, sales initiatives and consumer awareness; Keep current tools updated
- Work with internal resource to measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies
- Implement product specific communications activities including external / internal communication
- Responsible for the brands tradeshow presence, brand communication at shows, show related promotional activities.
- Drive direct to physician and direct to patient public relations efforts related to the brand
- Provide input for Practice Marketing Programs as they relate to the brand
- Work with agencies on digital/social media marketing strategies
- Develop trackable product specific lead generation programs
- Respond to the day to day needs of the sales and field marketing teams.
- Develop metrics and utilize tools like salesforce.com and Marketo with other team members to measure and evaluate success in optimizing marketing initiatives
- Provide content and input on workshop strategy for the brand
- Must be able to work collaboratively with agencies/vendors and internal resources to drive superior market results.
- Bachelors in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing and communications
- Experience in either the beauty / wellness or aesthetics capital equipment industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with SalesForce and Marketo strongly preferred
- Strong multi-tasking, creative, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Ability to work across cross-functional teams
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- 30-40% travel is required throughout the year
The Manager, Regulatory Affairs is responsible for generating and submitting all the regulatory and registration applications to allow the company to market its products domestically and internationally. The RA Manager develops and plans strategies to obtain regulatory approvals/clearances to market products.
- Manages the Regulatory Affairs activities for Syneron Candela. The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage the regulatory submission / approval processes for all Syneron Candela products in all geographies and to provide general regulatory guidance.
- Prepares and files 510(k)s, Technical Files, Design Dossiers, and/or other regulatory submissions with FDA and Notified Bodies and other international regulatory agencies.
- Develops regulatory submission strategies for FDA, Notified Bodies and other regulatory agency product approvals. Provides risk assessments and regulatory options to upper management as part of these strategies.
- Interacts with and negotiates with regulatory agencies worldwide either directly or through subsidiaries or distributors.
- Performs a regulatory review of labels, labeling, and promotional materials for conformance to regulatory requirements.
- Educates and updates the Leadership Team on new and evolving regulatory developments and competitive product approvals.
- Reviews and approves clinical protocols and reports to ensure the clinical study follows the appropriate regulatory strategy for final product approval or marketing claims, collection of appropriate data for regulatory submissions
- Manages regulatory administrative functions such as maintenance of FDA device listings & facility registrations, reporting of laser products to CFR Part 1010
- Provides documented assessment of all recommended and completed product field actions per correction and removal regulations.
- Ensures that RA policies, procedures, and records are in compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Develops direct reports in terms of regulatory expertise and skills in project management, effective team participation, and communication
- Provides training on regulatory issues and developments, as needed, to functions outside of RA (e.g., Clinical, Marketing, Engineering, Technical/Field Service, Quality)
- B.S. or B.A. degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum seven years professional experience in the medical device, biologic, or pharmaceutical fields, including at least four years in medical device regulatory affairs.
- Demonstrated success in the preparation of regulatory submissions (510(k), IDE) to FDA and Technical Files/Design Dossiers to Notified Bodies.
- Experience in meeting with, making presentations to, and negotiating with FDA (CDRH) personnel and Notified Body Representatives on regulatory submission strategies and product approvals.
- Current knowledge of U.S. medical device regulations and the Medical Device Directive (MDD 93/42/EEC).
- Current knowledge of US Quality System Regulations (21 CFR 820) and ISO Quality Systems (9001/13485).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to work on project teams including cross-functional collaboration and negotiation.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound regulatory decisions.
- RAPS Certification (RAC) preferred
Territory Managers in various geographies throughout the US. Should have experience in selling lasers, RF and/or minimally invasive technologies to Dermatologists, Facial and Plastic Surgeons. Travel between 25-50% within assigned territories. Very comprehensive compensation package with great OTE potential. Proven success in maintaining and expanding sales activities within existing customer base and prospecting and building a robust pipeline business. Syneron Candela has a highly competitive benefits package.
Due to expansion, we are seeking Field Service Engineers who have high energy to join our team at Syneron Candela, the leading manufacturer of aesthetic lasers and directed energy devices. Will provide field support on Candela equipment in assigned territory and out of at times, outside of territory as required. Install/remove/repair and upgrade; preventative maintenance and sell service contracts. This position requires a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a service rep position. A.S. degree in electronics or equivalent, combined with the above experience level. Biomedical laser/preferred. Team player, proficient in reading and interpreting schematics. Good customer service background. Extensive travel required.
Syneron Candela has a highly competitive benefits package.